MAX GIFT AMOUNT IS $30.00
- #1 selects a gift from the pile (after much thought and deliberation), opens it, and shows it to everyone.
- #2 can choose to steal #1’s gift (aka “Dirty Santa”) or pick from the pile. This continues with each person having the chance to steal or choose a wrapped gift. The stealing and scheming now begins to erupt along with lots of laughter.
- A gift can be stolen more than once but generally no more than 3 times and only once per turn. If your gift is stolen, you can’t steal it right back. You have to steal another gift or choose from the pile. Don’t forget about the awesome gifts that just may be hiding hoping you’ll forget they’re still in play!
- One variation, each participant can only be stolen from three times at which point they are out of the game and the gift they’re left holding is theirs to keep unless they want to steal or choose an unwrapped gift.
- When there are no more unwrapped gifts, typically the person who drew #1 is allowed one more turn. However, they can only steal a gift. If they choose not to steal and keep the one they have, the game is over. If they decide to steal then the game continues until someone wants to keep their gift
Please bring a gift to participate in JARS Dirty Santa. Enjoy the fun and fellowship.