The Johnston Amateur Radio Society was formed in September of 1975. The “JARS” group has come a long way in its 40 year history. A monthly newsletter is sent to the membership to keep everyone informed of the current events.
The Johnston Amateur Radio Society has exclusive rights to call the AK4H repeater (147.270 Mhz) home. The repeater is located on the WRAL/WRDC TV tower in Auburn, NC. The repeater is actually owned by the Auburn Repeater Corporation which is comprised of JARS members.
Remember to check the Calendar for upcoming events!
- Every Night @ 8:30pm – Jars Net – Nightly Rag-Chew @ 147.270 Mhz
- Every Tuesday Night @ 9pm – JARS Preparedness Net
- Every Wednesday Night @ 9pm – JARS Trader’s Net
- JARS CERT Meeting – 05/06/2021 – Holts Lake BBQ & Seafood – 3506 U.S. Hwy 301 S, Smithfield, NC 27577 – If you plan to eat arrive early
- Every 2nd Thursday is the JARS Officers/Board Meeting. 06/10/2021 – J-Tops BBQ 8948 Cleveland Rd, Clayton, NC 27520 – Please arrive 6 – 6:30PM to eat prior to the 7pm Meeting. Hope to see you all there.
- Every 3rd Thursday is the JARS Monthly Meeting. 6/17/2021 – Cleveland Draft House – 461 Shotwell Rd, Clayton NC 27520 – Please arrive 6 – 6:30PM to eat prior to the 7pm Meeting. Hope to see you all there.
- Have updates or information for JARS website? Use the form on the Contact Page and drop us a note!