Welcome to the Online Home of JARS!
The Johnston Amateur Radio Society was formed in September of 1975. The "JARS" group has come a long way in its 40 year history. A monthly newsletter is sent to the membership to keep everyone informed of the current events.
The Johnston Amateur Radio Society has exclusive rights to call the AK4H repeater (147.270 Mhz) home. The repeater is located on the WRAL/WRDC TV tower in Auburn, NC. The repeater is actually owned by the Auburn Repeater Corporation which is comprised of JARS members.
Remember to check the Calendar for upcoming events!
- Every Night @ 8:30pm - JarsNet - Nightly Rag-Chew @ 147.270 Mhz
- Every Tuesday Night @ 9pm - Jars Preparedness Net
- Every Wednesday Night @ 9pm - JARS Trader's Net
- Every 4th Thursday Night @ 7pm - Johnston County ARES Training Net
- JARS Monthly Meeting
- The May Meeting is the Presidential Picnic and will be on the 14th.
- Please join us 12pm until 6pm at the Sweet Gum pavilion in White Deer Park.
- Have updates or information for JARS website? Use the form on the Contact Page and drop us a note!